Here is the first batch of drawings made around town since I moved to this great city. I have lots more exploring to do over the holidays so more sketches to come in the New Year . . . Happy Holidays folks!
- 1 The East Bay Bridge viewed from Emeryville (the 'Eye of Sauron visible in back)
- 2 Coit Tower & telegraph Hill from Embarcadero
- 3 Francis Ford Coppola's building at the lower end of Columbus Ave.
- 6 In the Mission District
- 6 Sleepy Noe Valley-my neighbourhood!
- 8 Chinatown Gate
- 9 Grant Ave.
- 10 Intersection of Columbus & Broadway where the Beats meet the Red Light. Apparently 'The Condor' is the site of America's first Topless Dance . . . a site of historical significance. I drew this from the top deck of 'Vesuvio' where Jack Kerouac used to drink.