Sunday, October 24, 2021

Maya and the Three


Huevos rancheros! It was a blast boarding 'Maya and the Three' Every scene had a mix of comedy, action & emotion and I love stretching all those staging muscles. Jorgé would ask for "MORE!" to make the drama more exaggerated than a telenovella (there's some subtle stuff too). He encouraged me to incorporate my cinematic influences: Mario Bava, Herzog, Ridley, Tsui Hark, Spielberg, Harryhausen, Crouching Tiger, Leone, Lean, Clive Barker, King Kong, Jim Henson’s Labyrinth, Kurosawa, Cocteau, Jodorowsky…The hybrid TV/feature model we used worked brilliantly; we had sufficient time to do a couple passes, get feedback from the team, make fixes, get it into editorial and then sweeten scenes again with strategic revisions. Here's a supercut of some of my favorite shots I got to draw on the show.

No comments: