Sunday, April 16, 2006

Corfu

I'm back! Had a lovely time on this beautiful island. We got there before the high season had truly kicked off so we had entire beaches to ourselves! I left the brush pens at home this time & decided to force myself to use materials that I'd not touched in a long time. I took a thick Fabriano sketchbook of multi-coloured paper & a compact watercolour set. I present the results below.















This is a silly doodle I made in the hotel guestbook. I modestly portrayed myself as a Greek god!



'Tigris' is a collaboration by Nikos (aged 4) & Matt (aged 30).


Artefacts & antiquities spotted around the island.


Venetian & French style architecture of Corfu Town.



14 comments:

Oscar Grillo said...

Welcome back, Jonzie!!!...This all good stuff, mate!

Germán said...

wow.this bunch is amazing. I has a relaxed/joyful feeling to it. Im sure you had a great time

Drazen said...

these are beautiufl Matt.

A. Riabovitchev said...

I love Greece!I have been to Athens and to the islands. Very inspiring! I can tell you enjoyed drawing there!:O)

Daswell said...

I envy you. :(

Awesome pics. :)

alberto mielgo said...

WOAAAAAAAH! this place is amazing. Is this sun?
Bye I'm going there.

Great lady drawings in the most dificult position, I think. Very very nice article.

Richard Mitchelson said...

Corfu is a great place, went there a few years ago, really love the painted stuff at the top. Hope the Birthday was good, thanks for the comment and the advice. much appreciated

Boris Hiestand said...

great post! I'm jealous of both your talent and your trip- I need a holiday like that!

Matthew Cruickshank said...

Whoa! What a beautiful place.

I like the new you, press on with the pencil. The collaborative drawing is superb, even though we all know you did it on your own!

I love the pictures too, especially the shot of that incredible woman walking in the street. See the way the sun bounces off the booty! You can't make that stuff up.

Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr fu

Matthew Cruickshank said...

Can't see Uli in any of the photo's?

Kristian said...

beautiful sublime watercolours
i agree with alberto, the figure studies are fantastic,given the angle of choice. see you next week

Uli Meyer said...

Wonderful drawings of your beautiful lady. Looks like you had a great time. Love the photos too. Now back to the goat!

MikeS said...

wonderful sketches, Mr. Jones! The landscapes studies are just great. Welcome back.....

the doodlers said...

Spectacular photos. The drawings are so good. I like the sunbathers best. The water colour/pencil combo seems to be working well....continue! more! more!

Matt, we're just catching up with our blog visits. We've missed your blog and we're glad to be back!