Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life Drawing pt.7

Last week I put away the pens & tried drawing with pencil. Fellow story artist Woody Woodman had gave me a Prismacolour pencil that I was keen to try out. On regular xerox paper the marks flew smooth & fast. These drawings are all A3 size. Poses were between 5 & 15 mins. long.

1
This first pose was a good one to get started with-then I dashed around to get another angle before the time was up. The only problem was the models feet are often hidden by the robes that they sit or kneel on, hence the missing toes.

2

3

Excellent choice of models & poses this week-due to an organisational mix-up 8 models turned up!

4


I put quite exaggerated anatomy in the spine & shoulder blades in the initial gesture sketch but went with it anyway. I left the feet unresolved but felt that worked out OK too.
5It's always a struggle to know when to stop working on a drawing. Each succesive session I feel more comfortable about leaving out details.

6

7

8

9

10

10 comments:

Scribbler said...

Beautiful work, great flow to your lines.

Dan said...

You're on fire now Matt! I love 1, you have really got the weight in 3, I like the linework in 5, and the flow in 10.

cassia said...

beautiful. fluid, confident, and gorgeous weighting to the lines. Very envious indeed! :0)

jeremy Charpentier said...

awesome!!! yours drawings are really beautifull

Sami Guellaï said...

Always so beutiful.
I want your fluidity!

Christophe"ZEBE" Lourdelet said...

I wish I could have it too.
bises Matiou

ZB')

Christophe"ZEBE" Lourdelet said...

If I can give a little tip to my friends bloggers:
CLICK ON THE DRAWINGS...THEY ARE AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL TOO IN FULL SIZE!!!

Christophe"ZEBE" Lourdelet said...

Matt...can you give me back my tongue...I think I forgot it somewhere you don't really need it.

Matt Jones said...

Monsieur Zebe-merci beaucoup, je suis tres honore! Il n y a pas de classe cette semain mais je vais mettre plus des croquis sur ce blog demain- avant partir en France.

Maureen said...

They're all so great. Can't seem to pinpoint a favorite.