Wednesday, July 12, 2006

CARS



Saw CARS last week & really enjoyed it. Blown away by the animation - the range of expressions they put into these limited bodies is extraordinary. Must have been even more of a challenge than animating fish for FINDING NEMO. The world they create for these characters is entirely credible & dispels any worries that this one has 'gone too kiddy'.
My favourite scenes were the 'cow tipping' & when the pimped up cars harass John Ratzenberger's character (he also gets the best end credits sequence of any Pixar flick). The little VW bugs are a great touch too.

7 comments:

AndyG said...

I liked it too, to my surprise!

Elliot Cowan said...

I thought the cow tipping was especially funny, but that scene where Mack is harrassed by those cars...
I thought the film was too long and that's the first thing I would have turfed out.
I didn't think it was a great film, but there's an awful lot to like about it, and I liked it a lot more the second time.

Oscar Grillo said...

Jonz. Are you drinking the water?

Boris Hiestand said...

you have to BOIL the water before you drink it, to get rid of all those French amoebic nasties that make you believe Cars is a great film

Oscar Grillo said...

HEAVY!!

Matt Jones said...

Wait until you see it you dirty HEATHENS!!!!

Brian Sibley said...

I thought CARS way too long... Fab animation (all those reflective surfaces) but very self-indulgent and hardlyy an original scenario - new, cocky car... old, tired, over-the-hill car... Where have we seen that before (CLUE: substitute 'toy' for 'car' and you'll probably get it!)

And was I alone - I think so, as no one else has mentioend it - in having problems with a world of cars with NO PEOPLE...

So why do car's exist - why do they have doors and seats...

Anyway, that's it! I know nothing... Rant over!!